Obtaining cephfs client address/id from the host that mounted it
Add Reply
Mauricio Garavaglia
2018-02-09 11:05:39 UTC
Hello,
Is it possible to get the cephfs client id/address in the host that mounted
it, in the same way we can get the address on rbd mapped volumes looking at
/sys/bus/rbd/devices/*/client_addr?

Thanks
Ilya Dryomov
2018-02-09 11:40:35 UTC
On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Mauricio Garavaglia
Post by Mauricio Garavaglia
Hello,
Is it possible to get the cephfs client id/address in the host that mounted
it, in the same way we can get the address on rbd mapped volumes looking at
/sys/bus/rbd/devices/*/client_addr?
No, not without querying the servers.

Unfortunately, there is nothing like client_addr for the filesystem.

Thanks,

Ilya
John Spray
2018-02-09 12:44:30 UTC
On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Mauricio Garavaglia
Post by Mauricio Garavaglia
Hello,
Is it possible to get the cephfs client id/address in the host that mounted
it, in the same way we can get the address on rbd mapped volumes looking at
/sys/bus/rbd/devices/*/client_addr?
Assuming you're talking about the kernel client, you can get the
client's ID like this:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/ceph/4a9a218d-e299-4a9c-bf7d-4e2efc6ff807.client3180438/mds_sessions
global_id 3180438
name "admin"
mds.0 open

However, you can generally manage clients quite easily without knowing
the ID from the client side, because cephfs clients have metadata
including the hostname etc (see "ceph tell mds.0 session ls").

John