Ceph Day Germany :)
Add Reply
Martin Emrich
2018-02-08 10:23:25 UTC
Hi!

I just want to thank all organizers and speakers for the awesome Ceph
Day at Darmstadt, Germany yesterday.

I learned of some cool stuff I'm eager to try out (NFS-Ganesha for RGW,
openATTIC,...), Organization and food were great, too.

Cheers,

Martin
Lenz Grimmer
2018-02-09 10:51:08 UTC
Hi all,
Post by Martin Emrich
I just want to thank all organizers and speakers for the awesome Ceph
Day at Darmstadt, Germany yesterday.
I learned of some cool stuff I'm eager to try out (NFS-Ganesha for RGW,
openATTIC,...), Organization and food were great, too.
I agree - thanks a lot to Danny Al-Gaaf and Leonardo for the overall
organization, and of course the sponsors and speakers who made it
happen! I too learned a lot.

Lenz
--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG NÌrnberg)
c***@elchaka.de
2018-02-11 23:33:32 UTC
Post by Lenz Grimmer
Hi all,
Post by Martin Emrich
openATTIC,...), Organization and food were great, too.
I agree - thanks a lot to Danny Al-Gaaf and Leonardo for the overall
organization, and of course the sponsors and speakers who made it
happen! I too learned a lot.
Lenz
I absolutely agree, too. This was really great! Would be Fantastic if the ceph days will happen again in Darmstadt - or Düsseldorf ;)

Btw. Will the Slides and perhaps Videos of the presentation be online avaiable?

Thanks again Guys - Great day
- Mehmet
Kai Wagner
2018-02-12 05:58:37 UTC
I absolutely agree, too. This was really great! Would be Fantastic if the ceph days will happen again in Darmstadt - or DÃŒsseldorf ;)
Btw. Will the Slides and perhaps Videos of the presentation be online avaiable?
AFAIK Danny is working on that.
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG NÌrnberg)
Wido den Hollander
2018-02-12 09:39:27 UTC
Post by c***@elchaka.de
Post by Lenz Grimmer
Hi all,
Post by Martin Emrich
openATTIC,...), Organization and food were great, too.
I agree - thanks a lot to Danny Al-Gaaf and Leonardo for the overall
organization, and of course the sponsors and speakers who made it
happen! I too learned a lot.
Lenz
I absolutely agree, too. This was really great! Would be Fantastic if the ceph days will happen again in Darmstadt - or Düsseldorf ;)
There will be a Ceph Day again in Germany in the future, but to allow
everybody to vistit Ceph Days the location rotates.

The next one is in London on April 19th where the previous one was in
September in the Netherlands.

Ceph Days will come back to Germany again.

Wido
Wido den Hollander
2018-02-12 09:51:59 UTC
Hi Wido,
how do you know about that beforehand? There's no official upcoming
event on the ceph.com page?
Because I'm co-organizing it! :) It send out a Call for Papers last week
to this list.

Waiting for the page to come online on ceph.com, but tickets can be
found here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-ceph-day-tickets-42670526694

This will be a Full Ceph day combined with the Apache CloudStack
project. A dual-tracked day with talks about both projects and their
combinations.

Wido
Just because I'm curious :)
Thanks
Kai
Kai Wagner
2018-02-12 09:59:18 UTC
Sometimes I'm just blind. Way to less ML :D

Thanks!
Danny Al-Gaaf
2018-02-14 20:58:50 UTC
Post by Wido den Hollander
Post by c***@elchaka.de
Post by Lenz Grimmer
Hi all,
Post by Martin Emrich
openATTIC,...), Organization and food were great, too.
I agree - thanks a lot to Danny Al-Gaaf and Leonardo for the overall
organization, and of course the sponsors and speakers who made it
happen! I too learned a lot.
Lenz
I absolutely agree, too. This was really great! Would be Fantastic if
the ceph days  will happen again in Darmstadt - or Düsseldorf ;)
There will be a Ceph Day again in Germany in the future, but to allow
everybody to vistit Ceph Days the location rotates.
The next one is in London on April 19th where the previous one was in
September in the Netherlands.
Ceph Days will come back to Germany again.
Yes, we will make sure of that. And there will be the OpenStack Summit
in Berlin ... either there will be a track at the Summit or we will
organize something nearby at the same time.
Post by Wido den Hollander
Post by c***@elchaka.de
Btw. Will the Slides and perhaps Videos of the presentation be online avaiable?
Yes, they are online now. Check https://goo.gl/gJj2NS for details. The
recordings are now also available on YouTube: https://goo.gl/t8NSyN

At the risk of me repeating myself, a big thank you to the sponsors
(SUSE, SAP, Deutsche Telekom AG, Tallence, Intel, 42on.com, Red Hat and
Starline) which made the event possible. The same applies to the
speakers and attendees, without you it would have been a meaningless
event. A special thank you to Danielle Womboldt from Red Hat for all the
organizational help and Leo as the Ceph community manager.

Danny