[ceph-users] BlueStore & Journal
D***@performair.com
2018-02-13 22:56:52 UTC
All;

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before.

I'm reading through Ceph's documentation in preparation to build a cluster, and O keep coming across the recommendation to place journals on SSDs. Does BlueStore uses journals, or was this a nod to improving XFS and BTRFS performance?

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA

Director - Information Technology

[Perform Air International, Inc.]

***@PerformAir.com<mailto:***@PerformAir.com>

300 S. Hamilton Pl.

Gilbert, AZ 85233

Phone: (480) 610-3500

Fax: (480) 610-3501

www.PerformAir.com<http://www.performair.com/>
David Turner
2018-02-14 00:13:36 UTC
Bluestore uses BlocksDB and WAL. When you look through the Ceph
documentation make sure you're looking at the proper branch for the version
you are using, most likely luminous. All ceph documentation URLs are
versioned with Jewel, Hammer, master, etc. There have been a lot of
discussions here on the mailing list about proper sizes and types of disks
for these components.
All;
I’m sorry if this question has been asked before.
I’m reading through Ceph’s documentation in preparation to build a
cluster, and O keep coming across the recommendation to place journals on
SSDs. Does BlueStore uses journals, or was this a nod to improving XFS and
BTRFS performance?
Thank you,
Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
Director – Information Technology
[image: Perform Air International, Inc.]
2018-02-14 15:59:47 UTC
David;

Thank you for responding so quickly. I believe I've been looking at Master.

I found the information on BlueStore five or ten minutes after I sent the email, but I appreciate the summary.